Welcome to the Parent Association Raffles International School and thank you for your interest in making Raffles International School(RIS)a great place for our children to learn,play and grow. As a PARIS member, your responsibilities include promoting community spirit between the parents,the students and the teachers at RIS,as well as developing and strengthening community links in line with school policy and KHDA recommendations.
The main objective is to promote community spirit, community service and parent engagement throughout the school
Responsibilities of a core group member:
· Communicate between the various groups within RIS (class parents, year representatives, teachers , RIS management etc.)
· Issue a monthly PARIS newsletter, take meeting minutes,manage accounting
· Organize,initiate and manage events and activities
· Assist in recruiting Class Parents,Year Reps and communicate and assist if needed
· Attend weekly meetings on agreed days.
Responsibilities of a Year Representative:
· The main aim is to be the communicator between the PARIS and the class parents, by exchanging information and providing suggestions.
· The Year Representative liaises with the Year Teacher Coordinator in order to ensure a similar level of community events and communicate that similar level to the Class Parents in your year
· Ensure school has approved the event and its format.
· Help Core Group to recruit Class Parents, if needed.
· Attend general meetings between the PARIS Core Group (every term or more often if necessary). General meetings are open to all parents.
We hope you enjoy being a member of the PARIS,and helping to create a school community that is friendly, fun and meaningful to your family.
Responsibilities of a Class Parent:
· Organize a class list with names and contact numbers,emails, birthday dates.
· Keep class teachers and assistant(s) updated on all relevant information concerning the PARIS and class parent activities.
· Liaise between teacher and parents,e.g. finding volunteers from the class for specific events, like field trips, swimming helpers for PE or reading groups,etc.
· Facilitate communication between the PARIS and parents; attend class parent meetings organized by the Core Group and attend Year Representative Meetings organized by the Year Representative.
· Organize coffee mornings to welcome new parents and/or to build the community within the class(at least one a term).
Together we aim to ensure there are highly productive links with all parents which help improve their children’s learning and raise standards. We also recognise that through collaboration,both school and community benefit from strong and extensive partnerships, including those with other schools that effectively support student’s development. We hope you enjoy being a member of the PARIS, and helping to create a school community that is friendly,fun and meaningful to your family. In collaboration, we strive ‘Towards Excellence’.
Parent Suggestion form - Click here